You need to keep your employees connected to help them work efficiently. A handheld computer can arm your workforce with tools to accurately collect data, communicate with the network, and keep processes running smoothly. These computers are rugged enough to withstand drops to concrete, exposure to dust and dirt, and use in all types of weather, but they are also ergonomically designed so your employees can use them comfortably and avoid fatigue.
Selecting a Handheld Computer Designed For Your Environment
There are several factors that can help you determine which handheld computer is the best fit for your warehouse environment:
- What type of applications do you use? Are your enterprise resource management (ERP), warehouse management systems (WMS), inventory, direct store delivery (DSD), and service applications terminal emulation, client-server, or Web-based? Make sure the handheld computer you consider support your type of application.
- Will the handheld computer be used inside or outside buildings? Your devices may need to connect via Wi-Fi or wide area network (WAN) — make sure they have the connectivity options you need.
- Will the handheld computer be exposed to extreme environmental conditions? Make sure the maximum and minimum temperatures the device can withstand as well as the enclosure’s NEMA rating for protection against foreign objects, liquids, and ice are suitable for your climate and the environment in which the computer will be used. If the device will be used in potentially explosive areas, also research whether the device is designated as “intrinsically safe” or “nonincendive,” to avoid ignition of flammable gas or vapor.
Selecting a Handheld Computer that Supports Your Operations
Imprint Enterprises can advise you on features of handheld computers that address your specific business challenges, needs, and objectives. You can choose from devices with features that include:
- 1D and 2D bar code scanning
- Close-or far-range scanning
- Keypad options including alphanumeric, numeric, alpha, and qwerty
- Built-in camera
- Full screen, half screen, or one-quarter screen
- Windows Mobile, Android, or full Windows Operating Systems
Imprint Enterprises offers industry-leading mobile device management software that keeps customers secure and optimizes the productivity of employees and their equipment.
In order to ensure that your handheld computers are working at peak efficiency, utilize our robust collection of services, like staging and deployment or equipment repair.
In addition to offering the industry’s top technologies, Imprint Enterprises also provides the supplies and accessories customers need to succeed.
In need of assistance?